Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Ted Cruz at AIPAC




“I will not be neutral. America will stand unapologetically with the nation of Israel...”

“On my first day in office, I will rip the catastrophic nuclear deal with Iran to shreds... If I am president, on the first day we will reimpose sanctions on Iran.”

“Hear my words, Ayatollah Khamenei: If I'm president and Iran launches a missile, we will shoot that missile down.”...

“Americans will say never again means never again.”

On his first day in office, he declared, he will work to move the American embassy to Jerusalem.

“I recognize that over the years many candidates – Republican and Democrat – said the same thing. Here's the difference: I will do it...” ...

“All of us here understand that Israel is not the barrier to peace. It is the Palestinian Authority and its so-called 'unity government' with Hamas. If the Palestinians try to push through a UN resolution that unilaterally declares Palestinian statehood, I will fly to New York to personally veto it myself.”

There is one other nation besides America that serves as a “beacon of light and of hope” to the world, and that is Israel, said Cruz.

“All of us understand that peace is achievable only through strength. Weakness is provocative,” he continued, comparing the Iran nuclear deal to Munich in 1938 and saying the deal would provide “a homicidal maniac” with tools to kill millions of people.

Cruz concluded his speech with “Am Yisrael Chai” (the people of Israel live) to the sound of raucous applause.

Hear the full speech:

No comments: