...Between Abu Mazen and Khaled Mashaal there is a clear division of labor.
Khaled Mashaal leads the armed terror and Abu Mazen the diplomatic terror.
...all of Abu Mazen’s initiatives in the international arena point to diplomatic terror:
- The Durban Conference,
- accusations that Israel is an “Apartheid” state,
- filing alleged war crimes charges at The Hague against the IDF,
- the creation of an investigative commission at the UN Human Rights Council,
- boycotts against Israel, Israeli academia and Israeli products,
- unilateralism at the United Nations and UNESCO and
- the charges against Israel of stealing natural resources from the Palestinians.
Other examples of this, are
- calls for a square named after the “Engineer” Yehiya Ayyash and
- a street named after Dalal Mughrabi,
In addition, Abu Mazen organized a homecoming celebration for the terrorists released in the Shalit deal, including those responsible for the murders in the Sbarro Restaurant and the Park Hotel in Netanya, who he called “freedom fighters” and gave them a financial reward of $5,000 and an apartment. These facts speak for themselves.
It should be further understood that Abu Mazen in unable to deliver the goods. He does not control Gaza, he continuously postpones the elections for the presidency, the parliament and municipal elections for years. There is also a clear understanding that in Judea and Samaria he also has no real control.
He has no legitimacy, and even if we were to sign an agreement with Abu Mazen, it is clear that any Palestinian government that arises after him will claim that the agreement has no support and will not be recognized. They will then say: What he received, we received and now we will start again from scratch....