From JPOST.COM, 2 August 2010, by YAAKOV KATZ:
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu spoke on the telephone with Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and Jordanian King Abdullah on Monday about the rocket attacks which struck Jordan and Israel earlier in the day.
"The attacks perpetrated on innocent citizens of Jordan and Israel were carried out by terrorists that want to thwart the peace process," said Netanyahu in a statement released Monday. "All of the countries in the region who want peace need to fight against these forces in order to expel terror and bring peace closer," he added.
Jordan condemned Monday the firing of a rocket that struck near the Intercontinental Hotel in Aqaba in which a Jordanian man was killed and four others were injured. The rocket was one of six which struck the area, including a second rocket in Jordan, one near Eilat, two in the Red Sea and one in the Sinai Peninsula.
In a statement released by the Jordanian Information Ministry the rocket attack was called a "terror attack." Jordan promised to continue in its war against terror. A Jordanian taxi driver injured in the attack died of his wounds Monday.
...The rockets were suspected to have been launched from the Sinai Peninsula by Islamic Jihad...
...Eilat Police sappers said that the Grad-type Katyushas were Iranian-made, with a range of some 20 kilometers. The rockets reportedly weighed 6 kilograms each.
...The US condemned the attacks on Monday, calling the actions "deplorable," AFP reported. US State Department spokesman Philip Crowley told reporters that the attacks seemed to be an attempt to sabotage peace talks between Israel and the Palestinian Authority. ...He added that the US has "strong suspicions" about who is responsible for the attacks, but gave no further elaboration.