What a sheer bloody joy it was to see Barack Obama, peace be upon him, exposed as the mediocre, media-inflated, self-important regional politician he so obviously is.
...In spite of the massive amounts of media spin and Hollywood slander.... in spite of Obama’s blatant dishonesty, Mitt Romney looked the ...mature and responsible adult ...to a petulant and angry child.
Perhaps the most startling moment of the debate was when Romney told Obama: “Listen, I’ve been in business for 25 years. I have no idea what you’re talking about. I maybe need to get a new accountant. The idea that you get a break for taking jobs overseas is simply not the case.”
Obama was suddenly the community organizer playing with the big boys. He lowered his head, looked scared and tired, was clearly in enormous trouble.
Beyond Romney’s electoral gains after the debate, remember foreign policy is still to come, and that should leave the president drowning in a sea of accusations.
- Why did he joke and laugh with donors hours after a U.S. ambassador had been murdered?
- Why did he tell us a movie had caused that murder when he knew it was a planned terror attack?
- Why has he insisted on apologizing to an Islamic world that sees compromise as weakness?
- Why has he not supported foreign liberation movements in Iran that look to Washington for help, but aided revolutionaries in the Middle East who despise the United States?
- Does he realize that his policies have increased the chances of war between Iran and Israel?
- Does he know that Russia feels more enabled under him than it did under President Bush?
- Why do allies in Europe and Asia feel betrayed?
....in domestic and foreign policy ...Obama is a flickering shadow.
This may have been the worst defeat of an incumbent in the history of presidential debates. Challengers have been ripped apart in the past — nobody got the better of Ronald Reagan — but never has a sitting president done so badly. You know you’re in trouble when even your buddies in media and entertainment can’t joke and lie you out of defeat...