This 31-minute speech is eloquent, dramatic, and a MUST-SEE video for everyone observing the progress of humankind.
Bibi starts with:
"3000 years ago, King David reigned over the Jewish state, in our eternal capital, Jerusalem..."Then he speaks of
- Jewish history and achievement, ancient and modern
- Israeli progress and leadership
- the struggle between modernity and mediaevalism; between love of life and glorification of death; between freedom and world conquest by suppression
- Israeli progress is based on Jewish tradition, like that of the US and free world: liberty, equality, human rights, human progress, love of life and peace
- confidence that mediaevalism will be defeated, but when and at what cost?
- the need to draw a "red line" on Iran's development of neclear-weapons capability, and where to draw it (enrichment, stage 2, being the only verifiable indicator of weapons capability)
- the need for the free world to work together to ensure that mediaevalism is defeated by modernity, based on our timeless traditions: love of life and peace